Saturday, July 27, 2013

Disney Part 5: Hollywood Studios

We spent the first half of our final day at Disney at Hollywood Studios.  There is a lot to do here, but we skipped most of it and went back to the Magic Kingdom.  The ONLY attraction the boys insisted upon experiencing was Star Tours.  Needless to say we headed there immediately!
 
The boys loved having the chance to ride the speeder bike from Star Wars!

 

Here is Ian pretending that he is about to be crushed by an AT-AT.  Such a silly kid.

 
For lunch we went to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.  We had a great time!  Each "table" is a replica of an old car and there is a huge screen playing clips from old sci-fi movies.  It was quite entertaining.  We again stuffed ourselves and I had a steak.  Oddly, the best steak I had at Disney was the New York strip steak coated in blue cheese at this establishment.  Delish!  Both boys were distracted by the huge movie screen and had to be reminded regularly to eat their meal.  Anyone that knows these two kids knows that food is normally priority number one so this was unusual behavior to say the least.

 
The streets of San Francisco...sort of. This is probably as close to San Francisco as we will get for at least a few more years since I don't see myself flying again soon.

 
We were all so sad to leave Disney the following day.  I doubt anyone finds it easy to return to "normal" life after a Disney vacation.  Can't wait for retirement so we can go work at Disney!!!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I loved all these posts! What great pictures of your silly boys too :) Thanks for all the dining tips too! That has been my biggest priority as I work on my trip that is still far away. I have to say I am quite surprised by how much steak you ate. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time and I am this close to quitting my job and moving to live in Disneyland. Oh and you need to come visit SF :)