Sunday, February 15, 2009

Breakfast of Love

Since the boys successfully held down all of their food the day leading up to Valentine's Day, I decided to go ahead and make a special breakfast. While Ryan slept soundly, I made the boys strawberry pancakes that I cut into the shape of hearts. I topped them with more strawberries and syrup. Yummy!


I avoid all artifial food colors and food products when cooking for the boys. These pancakes would have been much prettier had I broken my own rules. Instead, the boys had organic, high fiber, flax pancakes with strawberries. I was forced to use the fake syrup (corn syrup) because for the life of me, I was unable to open the maple syrup.


Nathan was thrilled to be eating something other than crackers for breakfast this morning. All week we had to force the boys to eat crackers first thing in the morning otherwise they would end up throwing up their water. Gross!


Ian was very excited about today's pancakes. They managed to finish off 6 large pancakes. Obviously, Ian's tummy had not yet fully recovered. Normally he eats 5 or 6 all on his own.

2 comments:

jan said...

Those pancakes are adorable. What a cute idea. If Ian couldn't eat as many as he normally eats, we all know he's not feeling that great. Gee it sure beats my cheerios.

Dalene said...

You are such a cute mommy!